Llantrisant Community Council worked in partnership with Llantrisant Town Trust and funding from CADW to erect 6 menhier stones to mark the ancient boundary of Llantrisant. An information board about the stones was also provided and can be found in the centre of the Bullring, Llantrisant.
The Borough Charter conferred many privileges upon the burgesses (Freemen) of Llantrisant and these privileges were exercised within and bounded by the "Liberties of the Borough", that is the boundary.
A definition of the boundary can be found in the earliest surviving Charter of 20th October 1424. Every seven years the Town Trust organise a Beating the Bounds walk around the ancient boundary.